It’s Time We Feel Healthy Again
How often do we go through life feeling unhealthy, tired, and depressed? In order to feel healthy we go see Doctors who put us on prescription pills and mask over the real problem. We may feel better at first, but they aren’t getting over the real problem, simply putting a bandaid over the cut.
M.D. doctor vs. D.O. doctor
It’s important to understand the different between a M.D. doctor and a D.O. doctor and the main difference is D.O.’s are trained to have a more holistic approach to medicine and follow a medical philosophy called osteopathic medicine. D.O.’s are trained to consider a patient’s environment, nutrition, and body system as a whole when diagnosing and treating medical conditions.
Most of our problems are caused by food, and M.D. doctors don’t have as much background in nutrition. D.O. doctors will use our blood to get down to the root of the problem focusing on environment and nutrition as the causes and cures to the problem.
If you can’t get to the bottom of how you feel and you are fed up feeling unhealthy, tired, and depressed I would go see a D.O. doctor who will use more factors like environment, and nutrition to treat the problem. Doctor Lundell in Spanish Fork is who I go see and who my family goes and sees.
My dad served an LDS mission for the church in Japan when he was 19 years old. He grew a love for sushi and white rice during his time in Japan. When he returned home from his mission he continued to eat white rice and he loved anything Japanese food.
Throughout his life my dad had stomach problems and sometimes didn’t feel the best. This year he decided to go get his blood drawn to see what foods he was allergic to. Guess what food he was allergic to!? WHITE RICE!! He had spent 30 plus years eating a food he was allergic to.
I grew up drinking milk non-stop I would love to have a glass in the morning and after school and before I went to bed. It wasn’t until high school I discovered I had a hard time breathing through my nose during basketball practice. At one point we thought I had something wrong with my nose that would require surgery.
Finally during my time at BYU I decided to get my blood drawn to find out what foods I was sensitive to and dairy was one food I was really sensitive to. Turns out dairy was what was causing my breathing restrictions through my nose. I quickly got off dairy and within a month my problem left and has never returned.
Your Blood Won’t Lie
Your blood will clearly tell you the foods you should eat and the foods you shouldn’t. We all know what foods are healthy and unhealthy, but even healthy foods can be sensitive to a certain individual’s blood. My dad is also very sensitive to spinach and we all know spinach is a healthy food.
This is why getting your blood check can be so vital to great health. If we can avoid eating foods that are sensitive to our stomach we can start to reduce the inflammation in our stomachs and bodies and start to achieve ultimate health! Especially as an athlete you can start to maximize your energy levels and know all the foods your body runs well on!
If you really want to dive deep into the topic of eating right for your blood you can take it one step further and eat right for your blood TYPE. click here to purchase.
5 Steps to feeling healthy, happy, and energized
- We need to exercise 30 minutes a day. Exercise is just as important for the brain as it is for the body. We need to find time each day to excercise to keep our brains alert and our bodies healthy.
- Remove processed foods and sugary drinks from your diet. We all need to get back to eating organic meats, vegetables, and fruits. Food is what is causing all these diseases we deal with in our country. The saying we are what we eat is taking on a whole new meaning. Try to eliminate fast foods and process foods and get back to the basics. Remove drinking soda and sugary drinks and replace them with water and you will feel a huge difference.
- Get your blood work done with a D.O. Doctor. Getting your blood work done will tell you exactly what food your body needs to have maximum results. We all know spinach is good for you, but my dad happens to be allergic to spinach and he wouldn’t have known that if he didn’t get his blood work done. I go see Doctor Lundell in Spanish Fork to get my blood work done. There is no need to go years and years feeling crumby and tired. Your blood will tell you what your body needs.
- Remove Gluten and Dairy from your diet. I always hear people say they want to lose weight. Remove gluten and dairy from your diet with a little exercise and I promise you that weight will fall right off you.
- Get eight hours of sleep. Early to bed and early to rise makes a men wealthy, healthy, and wise. I think there is a lot of truth to this quote. Try to get eight hours of sleep every night. In order to do this you may have to break some habits, but I know it will be worth it and increase your production and energy during the day. like I have said before each hour you get before midnight is worth 2 hours because you get into a deeper sleep cycle.
Last Thought: Be consistently good over time and you can do great things! Think about this, imagine if for the next 10 years you quit drinking soda and sugary drinks and you only had water! Think of how big of a difference that small choice would have on your health! Imagine today and everyday for the next 10 years you decide to exercise for 30 minutes a day. Life is all about the small habits we have, whether good or bad they add up to big life-changing results. These are small things that every person could do. It’s the small things that add up to great things. “By small and simple things are great things brought to past” Alma 37:6.
Have a great day and we wish you all health and success!
Comment below with questions or comments!